22 November 2009

Be Inspired



Supermodel Daul Kim, one of the most recognizable faces of Chanel, Alexander McQueen and others, is yet another victim of the pressures of beauty in our culture. She was found hanging in her Parisian apartment on November 19th. This is especially haunting to me not only because I am currently building my journalistic portolio and am doing a piece on this very subject, but because this seemingly acclimated young woman was exactly one year younger than me, born on May 31, 1989. I have always been affected by this subject because being so enveloped in such a narcissistic industry the lack of reality is, all too often, distorted and ultimately, very jading. This 20 year old woman won't have the opportunity to explore all of life's opportunities because sadly, once you [seemingly] have all the keys to life's doors, there's nothing left to explore.

What would you do if you could see everything?
I'd learn to close my eyes.

“I wore high high heels and short short skirts
to hide my depression and weakness

tried to hide my loneliness by hornyness

tried to deny how predictable my patterns are”

-daul kim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

headaches, true religion jeans backaches and leg cramps.

The major importance is not Cheap Ugg Boots to be tempted by true religion jeans outlet

Unknown said...

Good Christmas gift!

Beats Studio High Definition Powered Isolation-Grey

Uggs sales

Unknown said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Patek Philippe watch

kobe said...

i can't see her hands